FuschiaReads.

....and sometimes watches.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

very silly meme

Meme’d by the ever charming and erudite Fyodor. Thanks for not forgetting me.

I don’t know who still reads for me to tag. Where has Brownie’s site gone – is she picked? Coz? Random visitor by conincidental use of the ‘Next Blog’ Button??

So - In no particular order - we have

7 things I want to do before I die

1. See my granddaughter as a Star Ship Captain (although I am quite happy for Alien Intervention to bring this forward a generation – or two)
2. Travel…….and then travel some more
3. Hear someone quote Pablo Neruda to me in Spanish – and mean it
4. See my children grow up healthy and happy – and Star Ship Captains
5. Learn to Swim – I’d accept cyberpunkian gills on this one
6. Sell a Doll I have made
7. Have enough bookshelves so no book need ever live in a box again

7 things I can't do

1. Accept that there can ever be a choice between shareholder return and a human life
2. Eat Brussel Sprouts – despite their legendary anti-carcinogenic properties
3. Not love Hello Kitty
4. Get enough Sleep
5. Walk past an Op Shop or a Second Hand Book Shop
6. Get over my severe disappointment that it is 2005 (forgodsake!) and we are not all wearing cool black leather in a post apocalyptic wasteland or atleast ‘jacking’ in to cyberspace ala’ Gibson. Ahh those heady dreams of 1982 – where are you now
7. Keep up with Coz where red wine (or anything with the word ‘daiquiri’ in the title) is concerned

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex

1. Hands and strong fingers. Wrists. A good Back
2. Sense of Humour
3. Enjoyment of Shopping – the fine art of the Casual Browse
4. A Good Library
5. Competence
6. Russian/Foreign Accent
7. Washing up/Household Chores – just because it needs to be done not because you’ve had to be asked. A man putting laundry in the linen-hamper – sooooo very sexy!!!

7 things I say most often

1. Both Hands!!
2. Coz darling, can I borrow $20?
3. Next Pay!
4. I’m putting that on a T-Shirt!
5. One more chocolate can’t hurt
6. Does that come in pink?
7. Just 5 more minutes – and then I’ll get up

7 Celebrity Crushes

1. Richard Armitage – in ‘North and South’
2. Vin Diesel – I WILL never believe the internet is a cesspit of corruption while there remain NO nude photo’s of him ‘out there’
3. Paul Darrow as Avon
4. Takeshi Kaneshiro
5. Humphrey Bogart – I’ll whistle for ya baby!
6. Robbie Williams - no really I could make you soo happy - ignore the conservative camoflage in which I have so successfully hidden in - I could so easily revert to the bad girl days of my youth - soooo happy Robbie, so very happy
7. Patrick Stewart


Comments:

That's more like it. Welcome back, Kotter.

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:15 PM  

Excellent.

DId you read mine or just spooky sisterly psychic connections there?

# posted by Blogger Amanda : 6:38 AM  

flopsy- I had read yours but they are responses I would have made any way - spooky indeed

# posted by Blogger FuschiaReads : 9:07 AM  

I keep checking you... I'll always be grateful to you for putting me onto Dianne Wynne Jones (reading my third book at the moment).

No. 7 of the first set is fab.
And a man who takes the washing out of the hamper and puts it in the washing machine is beyond a dream.

I reckon Fyodor might be alright at a Russian accent...

# posted by Blogger Ampersand Duck : 9:20 AM  

Thank you Miss Duck.
Isn't Dianne wonderful? All the MaryKate&Ashley's of the world should be sent on a rocket ship into the sun and more authors like her given all the money they need to write for our children - and us

Thanks for all of you for not forgetting me

xxxxx

# posted by Blogger FuschiaReads : 10:41 AM  

Thank you Miss Duck.
Isn't Dianne wonderful? All the MaryKate&Ashley's of the world should be sent on a rocket ship into the sun and more authors like her given all the money they need to write for our children - and us

Thanks for all of you for not forgetting me

xxxxx

# posted by Blogger FuschiaReads : 10:41 AM  

Once you get past the accents, there ain't much to recommend your average Russian man.

Buh-leeeeeeeeeeeve me.

# posted by Blogger Amanda : 11:38 AM  

Thanks Fuchia my dear, i have been thinking about it.
But really i've done most of what i want do to...which generally involves travelling, so much more of that please!

2 other things i want to do before i die
*Don't die
*Leave this place (by not dying) in a slightly better state than which i found it.

On Things I can't Do-
*If i can't do them, them ehh why stress, probably not worth doing anyway ;)

Done my crushes at ForBattle

Things i say-
*generally involve swearing and Mum may read this

Things I like about Men-
*Shoulders
*Beer buying ability
*Sense of adventure
*General all round studlyness
*Sense of fairness
*not a tool
*Batman

# posted by Blogger Cozalcoatl : 4:31 PM  

Oh yes the other thing i say alot

"Yes,yes here is $20..what! you want $30?!"

;)

# posted by Blogger Cozalcoatl : 4:50 PM  

"Once you get past the accents, there ain't much to recommend your average Russian man."

You sound disappointed, Mandachka.

I'm not entirely surprised. Demographically speaking, the average Russian man is a 42yo smoking alcoholic named Yuri working as a pipefitter-welder in a tractor factory in Nizhny Novgorod. He lives with his second wife, her two kids, her mother and his nephew and his nephew's girlfriend in a 2-bedroom apartment in a concrete monstrosity. His life expectancy is about 13.7 years. Prospects? Not great.

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:32 AM  

P.S. very cool gravatar, Fuschia. Very cool.

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:35 AM  

Katherine Hepburn.

What else do I need to say...

so are you the pipe fitter or the tractor welder?

# posted by Blogger FuschiaReads : 11:06 AM  

Mmmh, those options don't look so good. Can I have the oil magnate mafioso job instead?

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 3:14 PM  

If this were Russia, Fedya, I bet your girlfriend would be one of those types that swan around exclusive nightclubs carrying a baby leopard.

# posted by Blogger Amanda : 5:34 PM  

Mmyeah...forget "High-Maintenance" - nothing says "Extreme Maintenance" like a chick who carries carnivorous wildlife around.

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:42 AM  

Great Blog! I also have a site about all milk chocolate
. You can check it out at all milk chocolate


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 5:58 PM  

hey speaking of free things try first woman to win a nobel prizeblingo, its free to sign up and you can win free prizes! I just won a free movie ticket!

# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger