FuschiaReads.

....and sometimes watches.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Vintage-Style Quilts

Flora Roberts
2004 Cico Books 128pp HB

"I've been interested intextiles and sewing for almost as long as I can remember, and vintage fabrics have always fascinated me"

Any book written by someone called Flora Roberts is a winner in my world. This book is lovely.

If you are like me (and I know that you secretly are) then you have many sewing books that you have bought for one or two projects that now languish on shelves next to your granny's hobby-tex pens.

Languish no more. The 25 patterns in this book are all useful and charming, and because they are designed for vintage fabrics can incorporate any fabric that may be torn or stained in places but holds sentimental value. There are quilts, throws, runners, small bags, cushions etc all with very clear step-by-step instructions - lots of photographs! You have to photocopy & scale up the pattern pieces but I always think this gives you more freedom as to final project size.

This book is delightful and I really must clean my desk and organise my scanner as even the front cover is charming.

A book with great re-use value and if anyone out there is short of Christmas ideas here is the ISBN:1 903 116 89 9


Powered by Blogger